It is amazing that once you have kids that is all you talk about. Sophia will be three in February and I know that this year is going to be even more eventful than last year. Here is an update and a few stories:
We started off our new year in Colorado! We visited my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and new nephew. Sophia rode a plane for the first time and she did GREAT! I let her sit by the window thinking that this would keep her occupied. When we took off in the air Sophia turned to me and said "Momma, we are leaving Earth!" I just giggled and told her that we were not leaving earth and that we were going to Colorado to see Aunt Lynda, Uncle Rob and baby Levi. I was amazed that she came up with that all on her own. After that, she slept the rest of the flight, yeah for me! Once we landed, Rob and Lynda picked us up from the airport and we were on a way to the Ranch. The drive was beautiful! Once we got to Estes Park, we headed up a mountain and we saw a herd of elk crossing the road. I thought to myself "really!" As we headed up the mountain I got nauseated and had to keep my eyes closed. However, Sophia kept me well informed about "all the rocks" and "all the trees". She kept repeating over and over "look at all the rocks" and "look at all the trees". Let me tell you Colorado has LOTS of rocks and trees! We got to the ranch and it was gorgeous. When we got there it was was about 40 degrees on Thursday and we mostly slept because of the traveling. We woke up Friday and there was still no snow, but it was Uncle Rob's birthday. So we went into town and did little shopping. After dinner, Steven and Rob played Wii and I held Levi while Lynda ate. I remember those days but now Sophia just hovers by our plates asking for food like we don't feed her. That night we watched the weather and snow was expected for Saturday. We woke up Saturday and there was SNOW! Sophia was so excited and she could not wait to go play in the snow. Thank God for Aunt Lynda. She bought Sophia snow gear. Steven took her out. Here are some pictures:


Sophia loved the snow. She threw snowballs, rode on a sled and rode a horse. We were able to play in the snow on Sunday as well. Here is a picture of their backyard:

We had a blast! We loved our visit with them. Especially, with Levi. It is so awesome to be an Aunt. He is the sweetest little boy. It almost makes me want to have another one! I said "ALMOST!" He was such a good baby. He reminds me a lot of Sophia when she was little. Oh the memories of diapers and restless nights.
Steven and I want to say thank you to Rob and Lynda for their hospitality. They made it feel like home. We had great meals and an awesomely huge birthday cake. Sophia loved hanging out with her Aunt and Uncle. She knew Levi was there but she was more interested in the snow. However when Levi cried she made sure to let Aunt Lynda know that he needed some milk. We were very sad to leave but we will definitely go back.
We got back to Earth on Monday, January 5 and got back to our normally routine. At the end of the day when I was putting Sophia to bed she sweetly said, "Momma, thank you for the snow." I gave her a kiss and told her "your welcome".

Here is a short video of Sophia in the snow:
Sandy, What a great job you're doing! This is wonderful! I love to hear about Sophia's World from your perspective. You're fairly quiet most of the time so it's good to hear your thoughts. Keep 'em coming! I love it!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Eileen