Monday, January 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I returned from New Orleans last night and even though I was exhausted I had a blast with my friends. It was nice to get away and spend time with my friends. Obviously I love being with my husband and daughter but there is nothing like a good time with your friends. Well, enough about me because we all know it is all about Sophia. When I got home Sophia was already in bed and Steven looked exhausted. It looked like she decided to decorate the house with her shoes and dresses. It was funny becuse there was one shoe in our bedroom, one shoe in the bathroom, a dress in the living room and a shoe in the kitchen. I thought to myself, I have been there and believe me you just leave everything where it is because she will come looking for it as soon as you put it away. I was sad that she was already in bed but I knew I would see her in the morning. When I got up this morning I took my shower and ran into her room and said," Good morning phia bia" and she rubbed her eyes and held out her hands and said, "I missed you momma." Then she hugged me and we sat there for a few minutes. So we did our normal routine and went into the living room to watch Mickey while I got dressed. After I got ready then I went to get Sophia a couple of dresses to pick from because she will not let me pick her dresses. When I brought the dresses out she said, "Momma you pick" I about fell over. I could not believe that she actually wanted me to pick her dress. So we got dressed and I cooked her breakfast. Her breakfast consist of Ego French toast sticks in the toaster oven. I am the best cook ever!!! We gave daddy kisses and we were off to school. It was a great morning!

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, I'm so glad you're home. Though I know Steven is a good Daddy (with you out of town and Uncle Scott visiting, he got her dressed - and beautifully, I might add, he was at church with Sophia), I know they all missed you. She is sounding so grown up! I makes my heart ache to hear her sound so mature ("you pick."). She won't be a baby for much longer but she will always be our "baby." Thanks for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone more than survived! I'm glad you had a great time with your friends and I hope that this gives you the confidence to do more with them. Mama has to have some fun too, after all! Missing y'all!

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete